Domain names are very important because it tells the kind of business you run on the Internet or the kind of personality you have. This is why it is also very important to choose the right kind of domain name. Here are simple tips you can follow in choosing the right domain name:
- Write the name of your business. Then, make a list of possible domain names for your business. Do not forget that the shorter sweeter domain names are easiest for people to remember. For example, if you offering income protection insurance services the domain name may become way too long, so you should consider shorter name and make it brandable.
- Make a list of what kinds of services and products your business provides. Out of these products and services, come up with the best domain name. If you calculate how much life insurance people should get – call it Life Insurance Calculator.
- For personal domain names, it would be best if you use the name of the topic of your website. It would be great if you use your name, your child’s name, your hobbies, your family name, or even your pet’s name.
- Visit websites that offers domain name options. These websites may also be able to tell you if another business or another person already takes the domain name you want.
- Make use of the right organizational suffixes. Some of the most common organizational suffixes are .com, .net, and, .org.
- If you have come up with a domain name already, contact the owner of that domain name and buy it.
Buying Domain Names
There are some important things to consider and steps to make in buying a domain name. If you still don’t know how to buy a domain name, here are simple steps you must follow:
It is important to consider all the elements involved of a certain package when you choose a service. There are a lot of different sites that offers services unique from one another. GoDaddy, Lunar Pages, and Yahoo are sites that have services, which are very easy to use. You can consider these sites.
Choose a short name to make it easier for people to remember. Your domain name must also reflect the content of your site so that people will know what your website is all about.
Domain names usually cost $10, but it may vary with the company where you buy your domain name or the kind of package they offer. There is no extra cost in adding suffixes in your domain name.
Web hosting pertains to the website itself. You need to get a database support or a SSL certificate if you are a programmer. If you do not know anything about programming, you have to buy the entire package for a higher price.
There are a lot of people who do not know that domain name can also be purchased and used just for email purposes. This way, your website can be placed in your email address.
- Go to an Internet registrar in the Internet.
- Enter the name you want your domain to have.
- Look for the name
- Look for a name that is still available.
- Register the domain name.
- Pay for the online filing fee. Make sure you follow all of the instructions.